Monday, September 10, 2012

SURPRISE!


Love the picture of V leaving the orphanage for the last time  before joining our family!  Given very little hope and very little chance for a full life, BUT God intervenes and we get to be a part of that miracle <3

I have loved mail since I was a child - oh, the possibilities!  Anything wonderful could arrive in that mailbox!  Well, that has now extended to email and facebook -- ya never know what might come :)

Today, I got home from work to find a message from the wonderful folks at Village to Village.  They have been collecting funds for us so that donations can be tax-deductible.  They had a special gift that they are offering to us as a MATCHING GRANT!!!!  We did not expect this at all because we hadn't asked, applied, or anything!  They will match, dollar for dollar, any donations made for our adoption between now and 9/18 - up to $500!  Basically, a donation is doubled - give $5 and it becomes $10!  If we fulfill the match, that will be $1,000 - almost the cost of Vitaly's ticket to Latvia and home.  How awesome is that??  Just click on the link, go to our picture, and you can donate by paypal (or check but please tell them it is coming if so - 'cause our deadline is 9/18)

This is our final fundraising opportunity for donations for V's adoption.  Trip 3 is upon us - whew!  If you are considering a contribution, this would be perfect timing.  If not moved or able to do so, please consider sharing the link.  And take a look at what amazing things this organization is doing - as well as the other adopting families (including another child from Latvia!)

One more tidbit -- so, the message on Sunday that was shared by Matthew, our pastor, was a challenge to examine our lives to see what might need a change, and what might be holding us back from living the most full and God-honoring lives.  I've been chewing on that ever since... and had concluded that, for me, one thing that I need to let go of is my constant attempts to control - people, money, housing, circumstances, weight - well, you get the picture!  When I try to control, I am limiting what He can do, and I don't always recognize the difference between what is brought about on my own and what is a gift that is given with more love than I can imagine.  This is just the beginning of our several week discussions about "hope and transformation" but on day 2, I'm pretty much blown away :)  Looking forward to the days ahead and all that I have to learn.  That said, if you are curious about the message and questions, check out the link at www.crcc.org and think about joining me on the journey <3

Surprised by grace,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment