Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Obsession - plain and simple

As we are making plans to finish our final adoption trip for our son, I find myself pouring once again over the photos of amazing children who have so much to give.  My family would likely say that I'm obsessed.  That may be true.  I check daily to see what children have found a home for the Christmas holidays - and hopefully forever in many cases - once moms and dads fall in love with them!

I have been known to cheer or leap up and down when one of the kids I'm praying for is chosen.  I would host and adopt as many as possible until no longer permitted by any government or my hubby.  Right now, we have no beds left and plenty of bills remaining for our V's adoption.  So, I will:  pray, give what I can, post pictures, and continue to scour the New Horizons photos for treasures just waiting to be found and cherished!

If you or someone that you know is willing to learn more about hosting one of these kids or about donating to a fund to help a family who wants to do so, please contact me at pittcrew1@comcast.net or check out the New Horizons for Children website.  Single women or couples can apply.  There are suggested options for help with costs of airfare and travel if needed.

Oh, and please don't stop reading until you get a glimpse of why I am so drawn to these children.  Here are a few that I'd bring home in a heartbeat! Hmmmm.....wonder how many rooms I'd need?

Nikolajs
Host-only because of his age (meaning that he is beyond the possibility of adoption, but can still experience the love and support of a family for this season, possibly from afar after), this young man is so polite!  His interests include music - singing and writing, bodybuilding, going to the library, fishing...and much more.  
Armands
This soft-spoken, shy young man is from a rural area.  He looks out for his foster mom and would love a dad who could help him to ride a bike!

Kristine
This sweetheart is so so shy!  She loves art - especially drawing.  She says that she has been in an orphanage "forever."  The love of a family would soak right in!

Kitija
This little cutie pie has some similarities to our son.  She needs lots of love and support, energy and direction.  Since she isn't yet in school, she has so much time to grow and develop!  Special needs treasures are some of the most dear to me.

Julija and Ksenija
These sisters aim high!  One hopes to be a translator, the other an attorney!  Their foster parents have done an amazing job of preparing them to join a family.  Have to wonder what is in store for two with such a special story at such a young age....

Kjiva, Veneta, Ruta
These 3 are social, supportive of one another, active, and intelligent.  I'd love to scoop up all of them and even out the numbers a bit more in my very guy-oriented home :)  Something about their photo speaks of confidence.  Would love to meet them and see if that is true.

Solvita, Solvija

Two sisters with a lot of energy would bring life to any family.   Humor, dress up, and beautiful smiles would be a wonderful balance for the structure and guidance needed to give them what they need.
On a mission here!!  There are so many awesome kids and so many wonderful potential moms and dads out there - just need to find each other!  So, I'll post and pray. Anyone want to join me??

With a hopeful heart,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment