Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Words with Friends

My friends, here are the words that I'm thinking about these days...four in particular.

Debt      Value     Responsibility     Competition

Debt - Would I go into debt for a car, a house, an education?  How about for a child who needs a family?

Value - What if the cost of adoption is worth waaaaaay more than every penny of the seemingly high cost?

Responsibility - Am I a more responsible person if I die with lots of money left behind in the bank or lots of loved ones left behind in the world?

Competition - Why are so many of my hosting and adopting friends having to compete with each other for a very small number of grants and fundraising dollars?

Maybe we have been asking some of the wrong questions.  Maybe our understanding of certain words and how they affect real life needs to change.  Maybe individuals and faith communities should compare these questions and possible answers with how we live and preach and teach. Just wondering....

Hmmm, 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment