Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stages

Sitting in the hospital with my mom as she fights and struggles through a very difficult illness.  Much going through my mind as I wait and watch and wonder.

More and more in moments that aren't filled with family or teaching, my thoughts turn to the children who have grown to fill the rest of  my heart to overflowing with love and a passion that is beyond me.  They are orphans by definition, but are oh so much more.  So many children fit this description.  They are in America and every other country on our little planet.  But, my heart is drawn to a tiny country far, far away.  The orphans of that country have become somewhat of an obsession for me - ask my hubby!  Maybe God gave me a love for a small country and its kids because He knew that I can be a little intense, and bigger or more would overwhelm me.  Anyway, you may see a bit of what I mean below, if you have the gumption to get that far :).    I've been trying to find a way to explain a little more of what I see in these little and not-so-little treasures.  Here is one attempt...


Here are just a FEW of those dear ones who have blessed me through their courage and will to survive.  Some of you may know of them.


****  Alina, Vadims, Sasha, Martins, Martins, Kristine, Amanda, Arnolds and so, so many more!
These kids remind me of the eggs in the life cycle above.  I know very little about them - a picture and short description is about it.  They are all waiting for families to host or adopt them.  They have enormous potential and beauty within, but have yet to be nurtured in an environment where that can emerge.  I see so much hope and possibility!!  They may be VERY far from what could be right now, but it is there!  Where are their families?

****Romalda, Kristine, Juri, Dana, Alisa, Kate, and so, so many more!  Here are a few of those I know about and follow who seem to be in the caterpillar stage.  These sweethearts have been hosted and are being pursued by those who love them - they will not be orphans much longer!  During their hosting, they've changed (as have their families).  They are individuals.  Their personalities have begun to shine.  They are cherished, fought for, and loved more than they can imagine. Within months, these six and many more will be HOME.

****Azaiah, AJ, Janis, Vita, and so, so many more!
Yep, the pupa people :)  Once home, there is a waiting period before the adoption is final.  It is a huge time of transition, reality checks, honeymoon phase, and testing.  Do my parents REALLY love me?  REALLY?  Do I have the courage to leave all that I know to join this family?  How?  Parents and siblings ask too.  More questions than answers sometimes.  Hard questions.  The delicate and often hidden, internal work of transformation is occurring.  We might not see all that is happening inside, but amazing changes are taking place!!

****Vitaly, Grace, Rita, Lera, Janis, Alex, Aleks, Eddie, Lilija, Laura, Noah, Dima, and so, so many more!  The emerging caterpillars.  They have just begun to break through all that holds them back.  They are safe and loved.  They can become all that God has created them to be.  What a wonder to behold.  Beautiful, each one.

So, I ask over and over, what do I do with this burning passion?  You get a little dumped out on you here occasionally.  I can't help advocating for at least a few kids on social networks.  I pray for and give to as many as I can.  We have hosted and adopted one of these amazing children.  Yet, I can't seem to accept the fact that so many are still unchosen.  I'm glad that I can't accept that, but bottled up passion needs an outlet.  I'm open to ideas if you have any :)  PM me at Suzan Peterson or email at pittcrew1@comcast.net.  Maybe you can help me to connect the passion with the need!

With great expectation,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment