Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2nd, 2012 Adoption Update

    

Celebrations:

**CIS approval!  Much to our coordinator's surprise, the immigration processing went really, really fast!  Approval was in my hands on Friday, 1/27, just 40 days after submitting and a week after fingerprints.  It has been notarized, scanned, county certified, and apostilled.  A family in Connecticut has it and will fly to Latvia this weekend, delivering to our lawyer there.  SO, America says all is ready!

**T-shirt fundraiser is making me smile!  So far, the shirts will be worn in Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, Maryland, Georgia, Alabama, New York, Colorado, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, and even Latvia itself!!  I hope and pray that folks will see them, ask about them, and consider hosting/adopting themselves.  

Next up:

**Translation and court referral must come before we can get our travel dates.

**My leave from work is complicated, plus V must be homeschooled until he is a citizen after the third trip.  Those pieces are tough to make progress on until we have travel dates though.  No clue how these will work out, but they will.

Really just want V home.  He is missed an awful lot.....

Waiting with anticipation,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. You left Tennessee of your list. You did get our order I hope! I can't wait to get my shirt :)

    ReplyDelete